Trisha F. Hue, PhD, MPH
University of California, San Francisco
550 16th St., San Francisco, CA 94158
Dr. Hue received her MPH in public health nutrition and PhD in epidemiology from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health. Dr. Hue is currently pursuing research on the mechanisms for increased risk of breast and colon cancer with excess body fat. Her interests also include the effects of micronutrients, angiogenic factors, and markers of inflammation. She has extensive experience in the design and conduct of numerous industry and NIH-funded clinical trials and longitudinal studies.
- Nutritional epidemiology
- Cancer prevention
- DM Black, PD Delmas, R Eastell, IR Reid, S Boonen, JA Cauley, F Cosman, P Lakatos, PC Leung Z Man, C Mautalen, P Mesenbrink, H Hu, J Caminis, K Tong, T Rosario-Jansen, J Krasnow, TF Hue, D Sellmeyer, EF Eriksen, SR Cummings, for the HORIZON-Pivotal Fracture Trial Group. Once yearly zolendronic acid for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. NEJM. 2007;356:1809-22.
- JA Tice, A Kanaya, T Hue, S Rubin, D Buist, A LaCroix, JV Lacey, J Cauley, S Litwack, LA Brinton, D Bauer. Risk factors for mortality in middle-aged women. Arch Intern Med. 2006;166(22):2469-77.
- DM Black, JP Bilezikian, KE Ensrud, SL Greenspan, L Palermo, T Hue, TF Lang, JA McGowan, CJ Rosen. The Effect of 1 year of Alendronate on PTH 1-84: Two Year Results from the PTH and Alendronate (PaTH) Trial. NEJM. 2005;353(6):555-65.
- TF Hue, SR Cummings, KW Lyles, C Colon-Emeric, JA Cauley, L Palermo, J Magaziner, and DM Black. Zoledronic Acid (5 mg, once-yearly) and Breast Cancer Risk in Postmenopausal Women. J Bone Min Res. 2009;24(1).
- DM Black, L Palermo, TF Hue, S Majumdar, ML Bouxsein, CJ Rosen. The Effect Of Oral Ibandronate Following Weekly PTH: PTH Once Weekly Research Follow-Up (POWR II). J Bone Min Res. 2007;22(1):S28.
- TF Hue, JP Bilezikian, KE Ensrud, SL Greenspan, CJ Rosen, L Palermo, TF Land, DM Black. Year 3 Effects on Bone Mass in Women using Bisphosphonates after PTH Therapy: Follow-Up Results from the PaTH II Study. J Bone Min Res. 2007;22(1):S28[Abstract #1094]. ASBMR 2007 oral presentation, September 2007.
- DM Black, P Delmas, R Eastell, I Reid, S Boonen, J Cauley, F Cosman, P Lakatos, PC Leung, Z Man, EF Eriksen, T Hue, and S Cummings, for the HORIZON-Pivotal Fracture Trial (PFT) Research Group. Effect of Once-Yearly Infusion of Zoledronic Acid 5 mg in Postmenopausal Women With Osteoporosis. Accepted to NOF 2007.
- DM Black, CJ Rosen, L Palermo, T Hue, KE Ensrud, SL Greenspan, TF Lang, JA McGowan, JP Bilezikian. The Effect of 1 year of Alendronate Following 1 year of PTH 1-84: Second Year Results from the PTH and Alendronate (PaTH) Trial. J Bone Miner Res. 2004;19(1):S26(1098).
- T Hue, S Litwack, J Tice, D Bauer. Association between waist-hip ratio (WHR) and risk of colon cancer in postmenopausal women: preliminary results from the B~FIT study. Bay Area Clinical Research Symposium 2003.